How to put your best face forward and pose like a model.[via readersdigest]
1. Focus your eyes just slightly above the camera lens, move your face forward a bit, and tip down your chin.
2. Put your tongue behind your teeth and smile, which will relax your face.
3. Keep your arms by your side—but not glued there. To look natural, they should be a little away from your body.
4. Test-drive clothing against a white wall, with an indirect, natural light source (under a tree, indoors near a window)—it will show whether blue really is your best color.
5. As a rule, avoid patterns.
6. Photos exaggerate everything, so go easy on the makeup. For women under 30, a little mascara and lip gloss; over 30, add a touch of concealer.
7. Practice the classic model pose: Turn your body three quarters of the way toward the camera, with one foot in front of the other and one shoulder closer to the photographer. When you face forward, your body tends to look wider.
8. For standing photos, belly in, buttocks tight, shoulders back, spine straight.9. Study photogenic people as well as photos in which you think you looked best. Look at your best angle. You’ll probably see that you were laughing or having a good time. Capturing someone when they’re relaxed or most animated usually makes for the best results.
10. To feel at ease, try closing your eyes, then opening them slowly just before the photo is taken.
Did you like this post? Leave your comments below!
Found this Post interesting? Receive new posts via RSS (What is RSS?) or Subscribe to CR by Email