[via mental floss] Unless you live in Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington, you probably aren’t getting a lot of medical marijuana ads in your local newspapers. (Did I leave any states off the list?) Because the ads are so ubiquitous, and so interesting, I thought a small roundup was in order for our friends living in all the other states, or in other countries where medical marijuana is illegal.
Of course, long before cannabis was legalized in these 14 states, it was used widely throughout ancient Greece, Egypt, India, and China to treat various illnesses and conditions. But it wasn’t until an Irish physician called William Brooke O’Shaughnessy, Assistant-Surgeon and Professor of Chemistry at the Medical College of Calcutta, conducted an experiment in the 1830s to help treat muscle spasms, that marijuana was introduced to the so-called modern world of medicine.
Perhaps he’s the reason why all the following ads have a green tint, then? ;-)
1. 20 of the best strains in town… and 2 crappy ones!
2. In this ad we learn that they’re looking for “donations” not purchases. Plus, if you act now!
3. Get Legal Today!
4. This one has WEED in the phone number
5. There’s so much to study in this one, it’s ridiculous. Let’s start with the name: Westwood “Organic”
6. “Call for directions” – Gee, if you need directions on smoking marijuana you think they could give you a demo in the store, no?
7. Attorney Protection Program? ‘Nuf said.
8. The winking smiley face here just cracks me up!
9. Non SELF INCRIMINATING medical forms!
Found this Post interesting? Receive new posts via RSS (What is RSS?) or Subscribe to CR by Email