8) Eurotrip (Lustra - Scotty Doesn’t Know) - Poor Scotty learns that his girlfriend has been banging Matt Damon all along. The only people who didn’t end up putting this on repeat are the ones whos girlfriends are “working late” again (at the coffee shop).
7) Orange County (Crazy Town - Butterfly) - What happened to this band? When you go from making head banging songs like Toxic to teeny bopper beats like Butterfly you’re going to lose some fans (by some I mean all). It also doesn’t help when you’re in rehab with Dr. Drew, yet still scoring smack infront of the cameras.
6) Titanic (Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On) - This song is horrible. However, the point of the list is ’songs that got stuck in your head’. I don’t care if you eat the bark off of trees and kill animals for dinner, if you were around in the late 90’s then you were exposed to the masses who flocked around this movie.
5) Terminator 2 (Guns n’ Roses - You Could Be Mine) - This song was played during the credits. But after watching T2 for the first time, you’re so floored by what you just saw, that its almost certain you sat through the credits at least once. Thus, getting this badass GnR tune stuck in your head.
4) Armageddon (Aerosmith - I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing) - I’m willing to bet that if you traveled back in time when this movie was still in Theaters you’d hear it within 30 minutes of turning on the radio. Mediocre song + smash hit movie = smash hit song.
3) Gone In 60 Seconds (BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down) - Sadly they only used the instrumental version of this song when they played it during the movie. Thankfully it was just enough to spawn thousands of “omg whats that techo song in GI 60 seconds!?” forum threads. This was naturally countered with replies like “sigh I liked BT waaay before he was main stream”. I always get a kick out of people who have to prove their hardcoreness by claiming they liked bands or DJ’s before they had a smash hit.
2) Top Gun (Kenny Loggins - Highway To The Dangerzone) - Every man in the world can quote a dozen lines from Top Gun. When you watch Top Gun, this song is permanently printed into your brain along with all of the quotes from the movie. That means; whenever you hear this song, your brain will automatically start quoting Top Gun. Don’t believe me? Click play.
1) Fear (The Sundays - Wild Horses) - Reese Witherspoon gets finger banged on a roller coaster by Marky Mark. That is all.
Found this Post interesting? Receive new posts via RSS (What is RSS?) or subscribe via email at the top of this page...