Avoid these 20 industrial-strength calorie bombs this yearCan an appetizer with the caloric equivalent of 13 Krispy Kreme doughnuts be justified? No. The 2,710-calorie Awesome Blossom has been purged from Chili’s menu—maybe the fat-drenched appetizer couldn’t withstand the scrutiny of being named one of the worst foods in America last year. No matter the reason, we applaud this waist-expanding starter’s retirement.
The deep-fried onion wasn’t the only thing to withdraw from this year’s race—seven other items from 2008’s lineup have been removed from menus. That’s a step in the right direction, and it’s good news for your waistline.
But three gut-bombs remain: Uno Chicago Grill’s individual 2,310-calorie Classic Deep Dish is still the worst pizza that could pass your lips. Romano’s Macaroni Grill’s 2,430-calorie spaghetti and meatballs is a truly lethal plate of pasta. And Bob Evans’ 1,543-calorie banana pecan pancakes won’t just break your fast—they’ll destroy it. What’s more, we found 17 more deplorable dishes worthy of spots on our “worst” list. For now, be sure to avoid them—but here’s to hoping these are 20 foods we won’t see on restaurant menus next year.
- 20. Worst Breakfast Sandwich of 2009
- 19. Worst Supermarket Meal of 2009
- 18. Worst "Healthy" Sandwich of 2009
- 17. Worst Kids' Meal of 2009
- 16. Worst Fast-Food Chicken Meal of 2009
- 15. Worst Salad of 2009
- 14. Worst Breakfast of 2009
- 13. Worst Fish Entrée of 2009
- 12. Worst Dessert of 2009
- 11. Worst Surf and Turf of 2009
- 10. Worst Chinese Entrée of 2009
- 9. Worst Mexican Entrée of 2009
- 8. Worst Burger of 2009
- 7. Worst Sandwich of 2009
- 6. Worst Chicken Entrée of 2009
- 5. Worst Ribs of 2009
- 4. Worst Pizza of 2009
- 3. Worst Starter of 2009
- 2. Worst Pasta of 2009
- 1. The Worst Food in America of 2009